1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line squared cake tin with baking parchment.
2. In a bowl, whisk together melted coconut oil, coconut sugar, then add vanilla and milk.
3. Combine the dry ingredients - flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, spices and orange zest in a separate bowl.
4. Add these to the wet mixture followed by the shredded carrots and chopped nuts. Stir well.
5. Pour the cake mixture in the cake tine and bake for 30-45 minutes. Then, turn out onto a cooling rack, peel off the paper and leave until fully cool.
6. Leave to cool in a tin for 5 minutes before moving this onto a wire rack.
Cashew Oat Icing
1. Drain and rinse the soaked cashews.
2. Blend all the wet ingredients with the oat yogurt, process until silky smooth.
3. Then, put a generous layer of the cashew oat frosting on top of the cake.