1. Heat one tbsp. sesame oil on a large pan over a medium heat. Peel and finely chop the onions and sauté for 10 mins until golden. Add the garlic and ginger and stir for a further 2 min.
2. Halve, peel and slice the squash in square sized shapes around 2cm cubes (make sure to spoon out the seeds beforehand). Then add to the pan and cook for a further 5-10 min until soft.
3. Finely chop the dried chilli and toast the rest of the spices, curry leaves in the pan for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add the split lentils, vegetable stock, lemon juice and natural coconut yogurt to the pan. Stir until well combined.
5. Bring to the boil over a high heat and simmer for 25min until squash is soft and tender. Add the handful of spinach towards the end, cover the pan with a lid for 5 min until spinach is soaked through.
6. Perfect when served with brown rice. Add the dahl in a bowl, then top with spring onions, finely chopped thai basil and a dollop of yogurt. Enjoy!