1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Grease and line the base of a spring form cake tin.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil and coconut sugar, then add the vanilla, yogurt and milk.
3. In a separate bowl, sieve the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, spices and lemon zest in a separate bowl.
4. Add these to the wet ingredients and stir well.
5. Finally add the walnuts to the mix and pour the mixture into the cake tin.
6. Bake for 45 minutes until the skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Set aside while you make the icing.
1. In a bowl, add in the icing sugar, coconut yogurt and squeeze of lemon – whisk until you achieve a thick consistency.
2. Once the cake has completely cooled, spread the icing on the cake using a spatula, topped with chopped pistachios.
Allow the icing to sit and serve.