- Makes 12 Muffins
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 tbsp flaxseed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 120ml oat milk
- 200g coconut sugar
- 75g rolled oats
- 150g self-raising flour
- 4 Banoffee Pots
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a standard muffin tin with paper baking cases.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix the flaxseeds with 3 tbsp water. Wait 5 minutes. Then add the banana, baking powder and mash until into small chunks.
3. Add the vanilla, chia seeds, coconut oil, coconut sugar, oat milk, flour, oats and cinnamon and mix until fully combined.
4. Fill a third of the muffin cases with batter. Add 1 tsp of banoffee pot in the centre, then spoon more batter on top to fill 3/4 of the case.
5. Top with chopped walnuts.
6. Bake for 30 minutes, until the muffins are golden brown and cooked through.
7. Let the muffins cool in the tin for 5 minutes until transferring onto a cooling rack.
8. Store the muffins in a airtight container for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 2 months.