We are committed to protecting your personal data and complying with relevant data protection legislation. This Privacy Statement describes why we collect and how we process your Personal Data. It also outlines your rights and tells you how to contact us if you have questions about your Personal Data.
Our Privacy Promise
- to keep your data safe and private;
- not to sell your data;
- to give you ways to manage and review your marketing choices at any time.
Data Controller: the Data Controller of Personal Data collected through this website is The Coconut Collaborative Ltd, a company registered in England & Wales (Registration No. 07471527) whose registered office is at 601 London Road, Westcliff on Sea, Essex, SS0 9PE.
What Personal Data do we collect?
When we refer to “Personal Data”, we mean information from which you may be personally identified. We may collect the following Personal Data about you:
- personal contact details such as name, title, addresses, telephone numbers and personal email and home addresses
- credit card information
- date of birth
- family status
- shopping habits and preferences; and
- lifestyle details such as hobbies and interests. Please be assured that we will not collect any personal data from your visits to our site unless you provide this information voluntarily. Why do we collect your Personal Data? When you supply your Personal Data to us it will always be clear why we are collecting it. Typical reasons why we collect your
Personal Data are as follows:
Answering your queries: when you contact us with a query (for example, about the company, or its products or services or their quality or availability), we will receive and process your contact details in order to respond to you.
Entering a promotion: when you enter a competition or promotion, we may use Personal Data which you submit in an entry form for the purpose of administering the promotion in accordance with its stated rules. Depending on the particular promotion, such rules may require the publication of abbreviated winners’ details and/or require winners to participate in future publicity.
Fulfilling a contract/order: when you place an order for our products, we will use the Personal data you submit to us for the purpose of fulfilling that order.
Direct marketing: where you opt to receive communications from us about our products, news, recipes and competitions, we will process your Personal Data in order to send such communications to you. You may opt-out of such communications at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the email or by emailing us at email@example.com.
Who will your data be shared with?
We engage third parties to process your Personal Data in the following circumstances:
- our website is maintained by a specialist IT services provider
- promotions may be administered by a sales promotion agency
- when you order our products, we may share personal data with suppliers and other third parties to facilitate payment and delivery of such products.
Any such third parties suppliers are contractually obliged not to use your Personal Data in any way other than that which we have specified and to treat it with the same level of care which we do.
Your Personal Data is never transferred outside of the UK.
We take the security of your Personal Data very seriously and maintain high levels of protection to ensure that there is no loss of or unauthorised access to it. We require and third party data processors to do likewise. We have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to safeguard your Personal Data. These include technical and physical restrictions on our servers, which are password protected to prevent unauthorised access, modification or misuse.
Cookies are small computer files that get sent down to your PC, tablet or mobile phone by websites when you visit them. They stay on your device and get sent back to the website they came from, when you go there again. Cookies store information about your visits to that website, such as your choices and other details. Some of this data does not contain personal details about you or your business, but it is still protected by this Privacy Statement.
You have various rights in relation to your Personal Data, as follows.
- Right of access – you may request a copy of the Personal Data which we hold about you.
- Right to rectification – you are entitled to request to have inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete.
- Right to erasure - you can also ask us to delete, remove, or stop using your Personal Data if there is no need for us to keep it.
- Right to restrict processing - you may ask us to restrict the use of your Personal Data, if for example, it is inaccurate.
- Right to data portability – you may obtain Personal Data held by us for reuse for your own purposes across different services.
- Right to object - you can object to us keeping or using your Personal Data.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling, which is only permitted in limited circumstances.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this notice or your Personal Data can be addressed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or The Coconut Collaborative Ltd, 16a Great Peter Street, London, SW1P 2BX.
You also have the right to complain to the regulator, and to lodge an appeal if you are not happy with the outcome of a complaint. In the UK this is the Information Commissioner’s Office. Find out on their website how to report a concern.
Last updated: May 2018