- Serves: 6 people
- 2 aubergines
- 3 courgettes
- 1 Cauliflower
- 2 Red peppers
- 1 Cucumber
- Bunch of coriander
- Bunch of mint
- 3 Carrots
- 2 Lemons
- 2 tsp Garam Masala
- 4 tsp Cumin
- 7 x 120g pots of The Coconut Collaborative yogurt
- Pomegranate seeds
1. Fire up the BBQ.
2. Prepare your veg. Cut the courgettes, aubergines and peppers into bitesize pieces and break the cauliflower into small bitesize florets.
3. Place into a large bowl. Add the cumin and garam masala and 3 120g pots of The Coconut Collaborative Yogurt. Season well with salt and pepper and mix everything together. Leave to marinate for 5-10 minutes, and then put your veg onto the skewers.
4. Pour over any of the leftover yogurt marinade, and then add the skewers to the barbi. They'll need about 7-8 minutes on each side.
5. Time to make the carrot salad. Into a bowl, add 3 grated carrots, a handful of chopped mint, a handful of chopped parsley, the juice of a lemon, salt, pepper and olive oil. Mix everything together and set aside.
6. Coconut yogurt tzatziki time. Into a bowl, add 4 120g pots of The Coconut Collabroative Yogurt. Grate a cucumber, squeeze the gratings (to remove excess water) and add that to the bowl, with a handful of mint, the juice of half a lemon, salt, pepper and olive oil. mix everything together.
7. Assembly time. Once the skewers are nicely charred and cooked through, remove from the heat. Take a warm pitta, open it up, and spoon in some tzatziki. Then add a very generous helping of the spiced barbecued vegetables. Layer some of your carrot salad on top, scatter over some pomegranate seeds, spoon over some more tzatziki and get stuck in.